Alaa Eldin Eissa
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University
Aquatic Animal Medicine, Aquatic Animal Health, Aquatic Animal Epidemiology, Aquatic Animal Immunology , Fish Vaccinology , Fish & Shellfish Pathology
- Holder of a Ph.D. in Aquatic Animal Health from College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, USA.
- Holder of a graduate diploma in Molecular Pathology from Michigan State University, USA.
- Holder of a Masters in Vet Sciences “Fish Diseases” from Cairo Univ.
- Holder of a B.V.Sc. degree from Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University accredited to D.V.M. degree by the World Education Services, USA (May, 2004).
- Extensive teaching and research experiences in Aquatic Animal Health, Aquatic Animal Pathology, Aquatic Microbiology, Aquatic Toxicology, Environmental Pollution, Aquatic Molecular Diagnostics, and Aquatic Molecular Epidemiology.
- Section editor at the Turkish journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (TrJFAS) , Editor at the Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences and former executive editor of the International Journal of Veterinary Science and Medicine (IJVSM-Elsevier).
- Dr. Eissa has over 20 years of experience in fish/ shellfish diseases diagnosis, aquaculture health management, aquatic environment risk assessment and rehabilitation of degraded aquatic wildlife habitats. With this unique mix of expertise, Alaa has excelled in delivering leading-edge aquaculture project development and management know-how to clients in USA, Canada, Egypt and Libya.
- For distinction & innovation in aquaculture health management Dr. Eissa was awarded the “National Encouragement Award in Agricultural Sciences” from the Supreme Council of the Egyptian Academy of Science and Technology for the year 2008 and the “Scientific Distinction Award in Interdisciplinary and Multi-specialty Sciences” from the Supreme Council of Scientific Research of Cairo University for the year 2010 and 2016.
- For his profound renowned expertise in the field of Aquatic Animal Health , Aquatic diversity conservation and Environmental rehabilitation Dr. Eissa has been selected as a council member of the Strategic and planning committee at The Egyptian Center for the Advancement of Science, Technology and Innovation (ECASTI).
- Based upon his professional experience in aquatic wildlife conservation research and his active support to animal rights /environmental protection worldwide Dr. Alaa has been nominated as an official member of the Animal Research Ethics Supreme Committee of Cairo University.
- In 2017, Dr. Eissa has been selected by the supreme authority of Suez Canal to work as Aquatic Veterinary Consultant to the Suez Canal National Company for Fish Farming and Aquatic Animal Health.
- In 2018, Dr. Eissa has been selected by the International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agroeconomic Studies (Centre International De Hautes Etudes Agronomiques Mediterraneennes- CIHEAM) (Italian government) and GAFRD (Egypt) to work as senior aquatic veterinary officer /veterinary consultant to develop/implement aquatic veterinary strategies through their Marine Aquaculture Development Egypt –Phase 2 (MADE2) Project.